Author Topic: Spare parts for Atari 4,5" Trackball  (Read 5189 times)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Spare parts for Atari 4,5" Trackball
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:09:55 AM »
Bearings for Atari's Trak-Ball (used in Atari's Missile Command, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football)

Complete set: 12,50€ (5 bearings)
Shipping within Europe: 3,50€

I will get the rollers, too. They're made of stainless steel. The small hole in the roller will not be there, cause IMHO it's only there to hold the roller while fixing the screw. They will be 6,50€/each.

Please PM if you are interested or need more info :)

Price for a set of 2 rollers and 5 bearings shipped within EU is 31,50€ (28€ for the set, 3.50€ shipping).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:28:05 PM by Luigi »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Spare parts for Atari 4,5" Trackball
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »
Bearings for Atari's Trak-Ball (used in Atari's Missile Command, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football)

Complete set: 12,50€ (5 bearings)
Shipping within Europe: 3,50€

I will get the rollers, too. They're made of stainless steel. The small hole in the roller will not be there, cause IMHO it's only there to hold the roller while fixing the screw. They will be 6,50€/each.

Please PM if you are interested or need more info :)

that´s not the one for crystal castles, is it?
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »
No, the trackball for Crystal Castles is far smaller....3" or 3,5", don't know exactly, it's called Midi Trak-Ball and I think the Mini Trak-Ball (2,.5"??) is used in Centipede and others. I wanted to look for parts for those, too. But I didn#t want to have too much parts laying around ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »
5 bearings and 2 rollers sold to the guy with the glasses (me).  ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
5 bearings and 2 rollers sold to the guy with the glasses (me).  ;)

Just to tell others, too: no rollers available, yet!! I hope to get the first run within the next two weeks. I ordered just a few, even not an exact ammount "Just do some of them" I said  ::)  So when I get them I have to check the size first to make sure they fit into both, the bearings and the trackball-unit :)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »
I finally received the rollers...well, TWO rollers :(

In German there is the word 'paar', which means some, more than 2 at least. Then there is the word 'Paar' with big P, which means 2, a pair.

I spoke to the guy who took my order and I said 'Mach mal ein paar' (make a few) and he understood 'Mach mal ein Paar' (make a pair), because I told him that I need those rollers in pairs  ::)

The good news is: they fit exactly :)  Unfortunately they didn't have the right taps (thread cutter) for the threads where the encoder wheel is mounted. So I drilled them to 4.2mm and cut a M5-thread. Used M5-screws and everything is well.

I'm not sure how many he will make now but I said make 15 pairs (30 rollers)....we will see.
I will add screws for the rollers when I get them.

Cost is 13€ for a set of two rollers.

As I said there is no hole in the roller but it wasn't a problem to fix the screw at all.

Pics...

old and new roller

old and new bearing

new roller and new bearings with encoder wheel installed (with M5 screw)

installed rollers and bearings

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
Heheh, we have exactly the same word here (paar) and it has exactly the same meaning, however, we don't use capitals in the middle of senteces anymore so this makes it even more unclear what can be meant with it. Usually the context explains it though. Never use it when ordering something ;) ;)

Great to see this done, we need more European made stuff ;) ;) ;)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »
OK, finally I got some rollers. Stainless steel. 10 sets (á 2 rollers), 4 of them are already sold, 6 are left.

Instead of the inch thread I had a metric one (M5) cut into the roller's end. Of course matching screws (M5x12) are included so you can attach your encoder wheels.

Price for a set of 2 rollers and 5 bearings shipped within EU is 31,50€ (28€ for the set, 3.50€ shipping).

Here's a picture of what you get.

:)

Hint: the bearings are lubed, for a better/faster rolling of your trackball use a drilling machine and a small wood stick, thick enough to hold the inner ring. Then hold the outer ring and start the drilling machine. This will make the bearing faster and the rolling easier. But be careful: the bearings get hot when using too much speed in the procedure!!!! ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:13:19 PM by Luigi »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 04:16:49 PM »
Looking great!
Don't forget to set my 2 rollers aside please.
I already received my 5 bearings from you at Eurocade.
Not sure if I already paid for the shipping though.
Thanks  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »
I like Euro produced parts. We need more of that !  ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »
Looking great!
Don't forget to set my 2 rollers aside please.
I already received my 5 bearings from you at Eurocade.
Not sure if I already paid for the shipping though.
Thanks  ;D

Already calculated ;)

Since it wasn't sure if I ever get those rollers, you only paid for the bearings :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »
Thanks! Will PM you tonite.

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 10:38:38 AM »
Hey Luigi,

I need two set for Crystal Castles size roller and bearing and one set for Centipede. Perhaps you extend your production portofolio...

Cheers

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
I need a complete set for my Liberator too. Its a Midi Trak ball though.
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
Unfortunateley the rollers for the smaller trackballs won't happen soon. I had the large ones made in the company workshop. That's cheaper but I cannot do a large amount of them. I received prices for the smaller ones from another company. They wanted 4,20€ for the small roller and 8,20€ for the large one. These prices are if I buy 100 sets. One set consists of two large rollers and one small one. So one set would be 20,40€!!! I have to buy 100 sets and would have to pay 2040€ in advance!!  :-\  Since I don't have that much money and I'm sure I won't sell them for that money (they are $15 at Bob Roberts) I didn't order them.....sorry  :(

As for the bearings....you need R4ZZ.

You can buy them HERE

They also have the bearings for the Maxi-Trakball there, they are R6 (no ZZ or anything else, just R6!!). Had to buy a lot of them to get the prices I mentioned (12,50€ for 5 pieces).

I might try to have the small ones made here in the company workshop, too but they are not very happy when their machines are used for so much private work, so it won't happen too soon  :-\