Author Topic: ArcadeForge Bartop Projekt  (Read 47634 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: ArcadeForge Bartop Projekt
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
I like it !

only the first picture does not work here..

Goodluck on the project!

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:29:08 AM »
ok,

next, the CPO

I`ve decided on a CPO design that can be easily swapped. It consits of three layer

- Acryl : Grest finish on surface, the artwork will be protected
- Metal : Mounting of Sticks and buttons
- Wooden Base Layer

The wooden base layer will be glued into the bartop and has a big cutout  with no CPO elements. The metal +acryl combination will be screwed on the wooden base. This way the assembly and harness can be made on a workbench and must no be done inside the bartop ;)

Second, this way the whole CPO can be swapped by another button layout, trackball whatever.

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19:27 AM »

http://bencao74.blogspot.de/search/label/Bartop

I`ve blogged the bartop project under the label Bartop. I was able to make the final enclosure steps during the weekend. :)

Current setup:

- Jamma Wiring
- Arcade PSU
- 17 inch LCD
- SLG3000
- 19-in-1 PCB

Cheers

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Very nice!
White is the final colour, or there will be more variants?

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
I`m going to collect offer for

- Chipboard white
 - MDF
 - black multiplex

For a specific color MDF plus DIY paintjob can be choosen ;)

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 11:49:44 AM »
So, here`re some pics of the chrome molding

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:39:58 PM »
At first i liked it, but please...   chrome T-moulding ???

(MHO ofcourse)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
At first i liked it, but please...   chrome T-moulding ???

(MHO ofcourse)

i think blue t-molding would rock!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

haruman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
Hey, if you're going to blatantly copy my plans, then at least give credit where credit is due.

Thanks to Degenatrons for the original CNC file, which I have been working from and modifying.  This is an open-source project by the way, feel free to take the plans and modify them how you see fit.

Malenko and I put a lot of work into the current setup with the tabbed pieces that fit into the slots cut into the sides.

Here is my current revision of the CNC plans:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Rqi_4oIj-wbDVtaWlLQ1NTQk0/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the open source / open hardware project run by degenatrons:

http://kadevice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=305&p=1364#p1364

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
Hey Haruman,

thanks for your first post. I`m surprised that you post such a message without taking the time to review my design completely.

Perhaps you consider to take some of my ideas into your work :

- Exchangable CPO : Why do you glue the CPO Plate into your Bartop? It`s just simple to design combination of Wood, Aluminium Plate and Acryl Faceplate. This way you could exchange the CPO and use different Button layouts and even trackballs.

- Connector Panel in the back wall. I was wondering why you didn't foresee any cutouts for the PSU plug, switches and probably USB output ports. If you foresee USB output port one could connect keyboard,mouse, harddisk for jukebox or even a second external gamecontroller. You still`ve one of my dual strike for free for review reason. Perhaps you could try this one on your bartop ;)

- Open edges in your design. I was wondering why you use open edges in the front and on the back on your bartop design. If you consider my design then one don't has to paint the open edges.

- Backdoor

How do you intend to fix backdoor ? I`m using a cut for a lock.

- Bottom

Why did you place the bottom in your design such high. There is space about 15-20mm. Thus normal enclosure feet can't be assembled and the bartop has to placed on the Molding. That means one will have scratches on the bartop all over the bottom side.

- Side part shape.

Next design will have a more round design to simplify the assembly of the Molding.

- Assembly with bags and slot cuts.
For the serial production I scratch the idea with milling the bag and slots because it's not accurate enough. 

- Fixing of bezel

I`ve foreseen some fixing for the bezel. How do you handle this?

- Marquee box.

In your design I don't see any cut for closing the light box. Thus the light from the LED strips will shine light on the acryl giving a mirror effect. How do you handle this?

Would be nice if you take a look at my points.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:57:18 AM by bencao74 »

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »

The left one is from your link. The right one is my current design.

degenatrons

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 02:47:02 PM »
The designed has been reviewed fairly based on the information you provide in the first post.  
The pictures you show in the first post have the same slots as Haruman's CNC version and this is not a coincidence.  Your pictures do not match with your recent design which you have posted.

It seems you have adapted and made improvements to the design.  This could be to everyones benefit.  So all is not lost and you do have chance to redeem yourself.

Now,  since this is derived from an open source creative commons project I would request that you make the drawing files available to the community and make attribution to KADE for the weecade inspired CNC plans + Haruman for his improved/modified design.
I think it is only fair that you quote your sources.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:51:04 PM by degenatrons »

degenatrons

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »
Can you reply?  I'm trying to resolve this.

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
The pictures you show in the first post have the same slots as Haruman's CNC version and this is not a coincidence.  Your pictures do not match with your recent design which you have posted.

Yeah, as I told, the slots and cuts seemd to be a good idea and I`ve played with this approach making the prototyp. It didn't work for me because I`ll use MDF for the serial production and I`ll be using wooden dowels. Sure I could add a link, no problem.

Perhaps you want to consider the same for the SLG3000. I would also like to see some attribution for my SLG3000 on one of your KADE member site. This projects is also mentioned on your kick starter site.

http://www.brunofreitas.com/?q=node/36
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kadevice/kade-connects-arcade-controls-to-computers-and-con

The SLG3000 was done as a comunity project in the german forum www.arcadezentrum.de. The international thread is in shmup.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33454
http://www.arcadezentrum.com/forum/showthread.php?10390-Scanline-Generator-%28Video-Hardware%29

Thanks