Author Topic: Arcade Sales UK  (Read 5402 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Arcade Sales UK
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »
In good spirit when i read "Atari Paperboy fully working !" and "Atari Asteroids great condition for age all working" i send a mail asking:

Code: [Select]
Dear arcade_machine_sales,

Hello.
I have contacted you before asking if you where able to put the arcade on a pallet. (for shipping to Denmark)

in case of "yes", would you consider selling Paperboy and Asteroids for 850£??

Regards
Michael

I got this mail responce:
hi
i will pallet them for 1000£ but shipping is at your own risk would need paymnet via credit card
regards chris

- arcade_machine_sales

I wrote:
Dear arcade_machine_sales,

Hello Chris.
Thanks for replying.
i was hoping you would let the machines go for 850£ - the rest (up to 1000£) i would use for shipping, and if you want 1000, it´s to much, sorry.

thanks again for replying.
Michael

Then they wrote:
HI
THATS OK AT 850£ BUT WOULD NEED PAYMENT VIA CREDIT CARD NOT PAYPAL AS THEY WOULD TAKE A LOT MORE MONEY OFF THAT AMOUNT

I wrote:
Hello.
Thats sounds great.
I can send you the money via bank transfer.
all i need for that is:
Your name
adress
zip $ town
country... :)
IBAN number
BIC/SWIFT number

then i will contact my shipping company tomorrow.
Do you think you can fit both of them on a single pallet?, than it will be less expensive for me.

You can contact me on this mail:
blahblah@gmail.com

Regards
Michael

Then i got this mail:
HI
I HAVE SPOKE TO MY BUSINESS MANAGER AND HE IS NOT WILLING TO LET ASTEROIDS GO FOR LESS MONEY I AM STILL WILLING TO SELL THE PAPERBOY FOR 400£

well... then i wrote:
then there´s no deal.

Michael

After this i wonder if anyone have had any experience of this kind?
- AND this is written in no intent to damage Arcade Sales UK´s business, it´s just a heads up.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Sales UK
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
my thoughts: i've heard a lot of bad stories of arcade sales uk, that they are rip-offs, that they sell machines in bad condition. i've never done business with them (and i never will), but a company which cannot afford a good camera to take better pictures than those crappy ones they always use should go out of business! man, i don't understand some people. or perhaps i do: they use those crappy pictures on purpose to cover up the damages to the machines. nicely done ...  :twisted:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »
just seems very unprofessional that they said yes one moment and then when you came to pay, they said no.

baiterhater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 05:23:22 PM »

Hi Guys

Steer well clear of arcade sales they have a very bad rep over here in the UK they are also know as the arcade ware house. I would say you had a lucky escape i wouldnt buy anything from them even if its very cheap

justin

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
Run ....run .....run !!!