Author Topic: Tatsumi Buggy Boy JR Problems.  (Read 2925 times)

glstar

• View Profile
Tatsumi Buggy Boy JR Problems.
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:58:43 AM »
Hi all.
Recently, i acquired this wonderful piece of history...

It's really a great game that i love from many years....
Doing a generic search i see it in a very little picture behind some other machines....
I decide that i have to have it, and so i did.....
 ;D
Bought as untested conditions.....
Arrived some days ago, and i must admit that the machine is in good consitions for it's age (detailed pics in the next days).....
So the past friday i was able to look at it, to just discover that the game board was there (fortunately)

but that all cables were disconnected......
Trying to understand why, and where the cables should go, i just notice that something was missing.....in particular the psu was not there....
Seeing at the cables i think that originally the psu should be an Hantarex US250 or 300.
Someone (Bruno  ;D ) could confirm this?
Here are the cables inside the machine:

I just don't want to risk to give wrong tension to the pcb (that i don't really know if it's working or not)......
I just see that is a little burnt on the last 4 pins of the 18 pin harness......
So they just did something really bad.....
They simply solder another 4 pin fingerboard to the old "burned" 18 pin fingerboard and then cut the 18 pin harness so they could attach the last 4 pins to the new fingerboard..... :'(

That's really bad.....

So first i need to be 100% sure what's the correct psu for this and is someone could hint me to a schema, where i can see what are the tensions needed in the pcb.....

Thank you guys.
:)

P.S.:I love that Time Scanner too, of course... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Tatsumi Buggy Boy JR Problems.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »
...and an other Buggy Boy pop up, congrats!  ;)

Fist download the manual of the game, right here, and you'll see on page 12/13 the main harness details.  8)

glstar

• View Profile
Re: Tatsumi Buggy Boy JR Problems.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
...and an other Buggy Boy pop up, congrats!  ;)

Fist download the manual of the game, right here, and you'll see on page 12/13 the main harness details.  8)
Thanks my dear.
For now i found an Hantarex US250, that i think is the correct PSU for this cab.
I hope to have it soon, so i can do some tests.
In the meantime, maybe into this week i can be able to look at it.