Author Topic: Spain vs. Netherlands  (Read 47367 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Spain vs. Netherlands
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »
I agree but Tyrem and some of his friends seem to disagree (at least I learned that on Facebook).

One even said that Costa Rica was the better team and deserved to go on.....that was the best joke this year for me.....

;D ;D

we talked about it on facebook and it was well explained there. costa rica had a matchplan and that one was well executed. they were not better than holland but adding up shots on target only shows one side of a more complex game. the thing with Krul... oh well... it was not me but pretty much the sportsworld not connected to the dutch team whatsoever. i did not like it when i saw it and the day after the international media was all over Krul. fifa is or was investigating. i did not find it clever. it was pretty dumb, right in the face. i also told you that it was a huge fault by the ref. one yellow card right at the start of his show would have ended it.

when it comes down to deserved wins just keep one match in mind:

cl finals in munich: bayern vs. chelsea. bayern was dominating the match much more than holland in the match against costa rica. they were better in every statistics, visibly the only of the two teams that made the match. chelsea managed to score the equalizer. they got into overtime and won the penalty kick. it was their matchplan. they would have had no chance in an open match. they knew bayern would destroy them so they played defensive. i am a lifetime fan of bayern... and a soccerfan for 40 years. and do you know what: chelsea deserved to win that night. they knew how to beat bayern. they did it. emotions in soccer are great... but too much of it is not a good companion when talking about it. there sometimes is more than meets the eye, at least if you watch it freqently and not only at world cup time. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »
Lol

I agree on the defensive strategy part but a yellow card for the goaly...... why?

Edit OMG Kahn is saying that ;D ;D ;D

I almost thought it was serious
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:43:21 PM by anunaki »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
"Das gehört zum Profisport..."

That's what Kahn said:

http://nos.nl/video/671394-kahn-actie-van-gaal-nog-nooit-meegemaakt.html

...and listen what he says about Robben.....and it's not just Robben in this team....and that is why the Dutch will become World Champion this time....

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
If we win this world cup we can put in the face of our 020 friends forever

How great would that be

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 08:05:55 PM »
If we win this world cup

it is more likely that you beat me in bishi bashi my friend.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:04 PM »
We'll see Stefan

I'm more a club fan (I have a seasonticket for feyenoord for over 25 years) so I'm extra excited now for our national team then I ever have been

We could win. Nothing more and nothing less

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »
You have to explain him that especially the Dutch defense consists of Feyenoord and former Feyenoord players and that before the tournament everybody said they were the weak spot of the team......LOL.

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »
11 players plau or have played for feyenoord

9 of them grew up at our youth center

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2014, 09:23:01 PM »
11 players plau or have played for feyenoord

9 of them grew up at our youth center

guys.. i am a football fanatic. it is cute of you to explain this to me though. ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2014, 09:41:54 PM »
..... the thing with Krul... oh well... it was not me but pretty much the sportsworld not connected to the dutch team whatsoever. i did not like it when i saw it and the day after the international media was all over Krul. fifa is or was investigating. i did not find it clever. it was pretty dumb, right in the face. i also told you that it was a huge fault by the ref. one yellow card right at the start of his show would have ended it.

I heard and read this also and it is the biggest bullshit that I ever heard.

From the first minute of a football match players are intimidating their direct opponents physically and mentally and the chance that they actually get a card for it is very, very small. On the other hand, goalkeepers don't get the chance to do this because they have to remain in their position. So, if they get the chance then they will do it, like all their team mates.  :)

So, people should not whine, football is a contact sport.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:02:23 PM by ckong »

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2014, 09:50:36 PM »
and it's called football!   ;)
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:54 PM »
fixed that.  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
..... the thing with Krul... oh well... it was not me but pretty much the sportsworld not connected to the dutch team whatsoever. i did not like it when i saw it and the day after the international media was all over Krul. fifa is or was investigating. i did not find it clever. it was pretty dumb, right in the face. i also told you that it was a huge fault by the ref. one yellow card right at the start of his show would have ended it.

From the first minute of a football match players are intimidating their direct opponents physically and mentally and the chance that they actually get a card for it is very, very small. On the other hand, goalkeepers don't get the chance to do this because they have to remain in their position. So, if they get the chance then they will do it, like all their team mates.  :)

And not for sissies. Amen :)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 08:07:01 AM »
i am a lifetime fan of bayern

Let me quote my ex-friend André here: "another ex-friend on my list"

;D  ;)

I have no doubt that the dutch team has deserved to reach the semi finals against Costa Rica. It's just that CR fought bravely against a far superior opponent...they got my respect for this! :)

I guess the final will be Brazil vs. Netherlands but I'm afraid that Brazil will gets it's sixth star ::)

I do not believe that the loss of Neymar can stop them but we will see :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24:47 AM »

actually... to use your words: this is the biggest bullshit i have heard so far. :D
but i understand you guys. orange glasses do no good while watching football. ;)