Author Topic: Spain vs. Netherlands  (Read 47427 times)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Spain vs. Netherlands
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »
to be honest, I found Mexico to be the better team and I don't think the Dutch have deserved to win the match yesterday and I will really miss Ochoa ;)

But of course they deserved to reach the quarter finals after those great matches in the first round!! :)

Watched the first half of Costa Rica vs Greece and I wish they would both go home now  :?

Let's see what "we" will do this evening....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
Damn....another ex-friend on my list....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »
;)

But so not true. We have a brilliant strategy....we let the opponent play and score a goal or two...making them feel king of the world.....and then we switch to the real Orange lion and kill the pray.  ;D

They are very much like a team from a certain eastern neighboring country I remember from the 70s.....a team that was never beaten until the final whistle was blown.....a team that became world champions then....

Seriously....the Mexicans were nowhere anymore after their goal. That is something the Dutch team managed to do, they fought back in an immense heat that the Mexicans are used to, not us.....and we beat them fair and square. Already Robben was not given a penalty when he was attacked by two defenders right after eachother in the first half. We also had a couple of unjust penalties against us and some just not awarded during the entire tournament and the penalty that was given was just too, he totally stepped on Robben's foot.....all in all I disagree with you my friend.......oh......and see you in the final  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:16:29 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »
Oh an that Ochoa is just a lucky guy.....every ball he saved just happened to travel in his direction !!

Put all those great "saves" of him in a row and you will see that to be true, he often didn't even respond, his body/face/hands just happened to be at the right place at the right time....

He had no answer to the real challenges yesterday, he just looked at the first Dutch goal and was in the wrong corner with the penalty....he would be a brilliant keeper if he had stopped it but again that would be more luck of choosing the right corner.... ;D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:17:26 PM by Level42 »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 02:19:13 PM »
of course you're wearing orange sunglasses today ;)

You're right that Robben should have given a penalty before and the given one in the extra time was the 'revenge' for this. I was just disappointed by the dutch team, at least in the first half and so I saw the Mexicans to be better. I'm not an analyst when it comes to soccer/football, just emotions and a little bit of my brain ;)  ;D

Did you see Ochoa when they played against Brasil? I think in one scene he jumped from one end of the goal to the other  ;D

Not sure if we will meet in the final....we have already lost twice against Algeria  ::)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:23:16 PM by Luigi »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »

Not sure if we will meet in the final....we have already lost twice against Algeria  ::)

also not sure if we will reach the finals... but i am totally sure that we will beat Algeria.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Huntelaar goes Mortal Kombat  :D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 05:28:21 PM »
What André said.  +1

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:08 PM »
Orange glasses ? They're awesome, you should try them  ;D ;D

Of course you guys will beat Algeria.....maybe you guys get a penalty with a Schwalbe (that word was invented somewhere IIRC ;)  :P ;D)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
as long as the Belgians go out, I'm happy with any opponent in the (semi) final    ;D :twisted:
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »
ah well....I have to apologize at least for the first half. That was 'unterirdisch'  :shock:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »
Told you you guys would go through.... :)

Algeria was a tough opponent....nothing to be ashamed of. Brilliant first goal of Germany.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
IMHO, football is about entertaining the audience who buy the tickets and t-shirts, travel and spend zillions, none of these teams deserved to be in the final, all played crap. :twisted:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
Damn....another ex-friend on the list !

;D ;D ;D

This is World Cup football Béla.....every match means next round or a ticket home.....if you want to win the tournament you can't play the most beautiful football.

Oh and the German team should be ashamed of one thing....that totally ridiculous free kick they took with that schwalbe in between (the worst performed Schwalbe ever !)....whoever thought up that kind of crap ??a team like that shouldn't need that and they made themselves totally ridiculous with the way it worked out.....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:47:20 PM by Level42 »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »
Oh and the German team should be ashamed of one thing....that totally ridiculous free kick they took with that schwalbe in between (the worst performed Schwalbe ever !)....whoever thought up that kind of crap ??a team like that shouldn't need that and they made themselves totally ridiculous with the way it worked out.....

??? What scene exactly are you talking about?