Author Topic: FS: Mounting plates for joysticks (no screws on controlpanel)  (Read 1962 times)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Hi.

I'm offering mounting plates for joysticks. These are made to be glued underneath a metal or plastic controlpanel, if you want to avoid wood. You can then install your joystick without any visible screws on top. You don't need to drill your controlpanel, no screwheads can be seen. The threads (size M5) are welded to the plate.

The distance between the threads is 85 and 40mm. Some joysticks (i.E. Seimitsu LS-32) already have matching holes in their mounting plate. Others can be modified by drilling the necessary holes.

The plates are industrial made of stainless steel and include 4 washers and 4 self-locking nuts (M5)....all made of stainless steel.
They were made by accident by a friend and we try to sell them for small money so he gets the money back that he spent for them.

I have used silicone adhesive to glue the plate to a metal sheet. It's the cheapest method. If you want to go the more expensive way you can use 2-component glue to make that even an elephant can play on your game ;)

One plate (incl. washers and nuts) is €3.00

Shipping from Germany is €3.45 (or €5.60 including tracking and insurance).
I'm sure I can send more for the same money, have to check the weight.

Payment with Paypal.

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask! :)

Pics:

How to install:

Make sure the undersurface(?) of your controlpanel is clean.
Center the plate using the hole with the hole in your controlpanel.

Make sure that the plate is sitting straight on your controlpanel by measuring the distance to the edge at least at two corners.

Use a pen to draw the edges of the plate on the surface of the controlpanel. This will help to adjust the plate and you don't have to measure again (this is important if you want to use some glue that dries very fast).

Then add a decent amount of glue to the surface of the controlpanel

SORRY, I have NO CLUE AT ALL why the following two pictures are blurry  :dunno
But I think you get the idea.

Put the plate on the glue. Adjust and center it with the rectangle and the joystick hole in the panel and....let it try.
If necessary put some weight on top of the threads but take care that the plate doesn't 'slide' away (this happened on my first try  ::) )

I will install some sticks (modified to match the thread bolts) and will show them mounted to the plate and then of course the controlpanel surface with an overlay installed :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:52:30 PM by Luigi »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: FS: Mounting plates for joysticks (no screws on controlpanel)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
They look great Luigi, unfortunately i dont need them.

Great idea to hide those bolts from the CP in this way  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
 Asked a friend to actually weld such threaded rods to the underside of my former puckman CP, it worked great and looked fantastic. However, this will always screw up the CPO because of the welding so you cannot do this if you want to save the CPO.
This is a great alternative idea !

I wonder if a Midway Galaxian stick would fit this way ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:42:09 PM by Level42 »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:46 AM »
Thanks for your kind words! :)

What are the measures of the Galaxian joystick?

Found an odd battop joystick. The holes don't fit the threads so I used a drill (6mm) and a file to adjust the holes.

There you go:

From above: no screws

With CPO 'installed'  ::)

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 10:03:41 AM »
Looks ace!  :)

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »
Sweet !

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »

If someone is interested, I can bring some of them to Eurocade for 2,50€/each (safes me the Paypal fee and the work to ship them ;) )