Author Topic: Atari Centipede  (Read 8767 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Atari Centipede
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 03:07:27 PM »
the good thing about ponal duo is that it adheres to the wood perfectly and you can nicely form it to shape an hour after application. i simly love that stuff :-*
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:12 PM »
the good thing about ponal duo is that it adheres to the wood perfectly and you can nicely form it to shape an hour after application. i simly love that stuff :-*

Thats about the only difference i can think of, which is nice because automotive bondo hardens in 5 minutes

you can also sand, cut, drill and make tmolding slots in automotive bondo

Morty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »

I've got quite a lot of experience with car filler.. too many years messing about with VW's so happy to work with that, I just wanted to replace it with "original" material, wood out = wood back in

Of course I would not do this if the damage was lighter i.e. a few mm, but in this case its about 1/2 inch that is broken off i.e. though to the t moulding slot. I will need to make sure i use a very strong glue that is thick enough to go into all the texture of the chipboard to form a really string bond, i intend to clamp it on while it sets

If it does not work out i will use a router to remove it again and switch to car filler