Author Topic: New To Arcades want to Switch out a board  (Read 6152 times)

commwagg24

• View Profile
New To Arcades want to Switch out a board
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I know that this is probably a really low end questions but I am trying to switch out a board in my first game.  I would like to put this board http://www.jammaboards.com/store/60-in-1-icade-classic-multigame-jamma-pcb-verqb-pcb-60in1qb.html into this cabinet http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10111 .  The cabinet looks to be original with no changes but the game is fun.  Does anyone see any major issues with what I am trying to do?

On another topic, I have a Kanomi GT racing game with bad ram is what the diagnostic screen is telling me( I think, the screen is upside down.)  I am trying to figure out if there is a different racing game board I can put in it without to many updates to the wiring.  Like I said I am new to this and a little scared of screwing these games up.

Thanks for any advice!@

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: New To Arcades want to Switch out a board
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:45 PM »
don't put a 60in1 in such a nice cab please. :( it does deserve to run the original board.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
+! !

And not so handy to put two totally different questions into one thread, if you get replies for both through each other things will become really confusing.

And welcome, we always like it if you would take some tome to introduce yourself in the "Everything else" section....

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:52:33 PM »
Answer to question 1: technically you can exchange the boards. They are both Jamma. BUT be carefull with the 5v setting. The 60in1 is quite eager with the voltages and might get dammaged if the 5v is to high. Besides that: the others are right. The quality of the 60in1 is very poor. many games have sound or other issues and so on. Go for the real thing ... if you want to go the multigame ways, get yourself a generic cab and build a mame machine.

Answer to the second question: None.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »
Welcome here!

For the 60in1....they suck. If you have ever played the original version of some of the games you will throw in the bin after playing them on the 60in1. But as long as you don't do harm to the cab (drill holes for more buttons in the controlpanel, etc.) you may do so and give it a try.

PLUS Tiger Road is a horizontally oriented game, the 60in1 ist vertical...I don't think the monitor can be rotated without damaging something!!

You might want to find other horizontal games with two buttons, if you want some other games in that cab. Just don't destroy it by adding buttons or stuff like that!!!

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »
I agree with the above posts. If you want a 60-in-1 I would just go for a generic cab and use that or even just mame a no-name generic cab. That arcade is too beautiful to be be used in such a manner IMO.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
I would gladly trade 2 of my generic cabs for that nice Tiger Road...  :P

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:39 AM »
I would gladly trade 2 of my generic cabs for that nice Tiger Road...  :P

!!! that´s my boy!!! save this baby!!!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 12:16:27 PM »
 ;D
...and that would mean 2 cabs out, one cab in.
...what usually happens to me is the other way around  :D

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »
It would be wonderful if this trade worked out. Everyone wins. :)

commwagg24

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »
Thank you guys for all of your replies !  I believe that my Tiger Road is in a generic cabinet, but I am not sure.  I will take some pictures of mine and put them up here when I get a chance.  I was thinking about putting the 60-1 board on the above the already installed board so I would have the ability to switch them back and forth.  I was not going to add buttons because the games I like on the 60-1 only use 1 button anyway.  Thanks for all the feedback and I will make sure to get pictures up soon.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 02:33:28 PM »
Thank you guys for all of your replies !  I believe that my Tiger Road is in a generic cabinet, but I am not sure.  I will take some pictures of mine and put them up here when I get a chance.  I was thinking about putting the 60-1 board on the above the already installed board so I would have the ability to switch them back and forth.  I was not going to add buttons because the games I like on the 60-1 only use 1 button anyway.  Thanks for all the feedback and I will make sure to get pictures up soon.

but you would still have to rotate the screen. ;)

commwagg24

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 02:36:16 AM »
Hey Guys,

I now have some pictures for you.  I don't have any pictures from inside the cab as I don't have the key and haven't drilled out the lock yet.

commwagg24

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 02:37:19 AM »
Sorry here are a few more

commwagg24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 02:39:01 AM »
Sorry wrong pictures