Author Topic: Cool ! a 2600 Cabinet !!!  (Read 5290 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Cool ! a 2600 Cabinet !!!
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
Stolen from klov:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=283742

Go get it , its only 1000$ and its AWESOME !!!!   ;D ;D ;D

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/3943344962.html

Arcade Style ATARI 2600!!! Custom Standup!!! IT'S AWSOME!!! - $1000 (DesertInn Eastern)

Are you in your 40's and have a soft spot for the Atari 2600?
 Did you ever dream of your 2600 controls permanently mounted instead of in-hand?
 Well, screw you! I DID! and I became an adult and now I get to live my childhood dreams!!!
 Actually I'm devastated to be selling it, but you can't live in a video game - mortgage 1st.
 All the two player games are incredible!!!! combat, basketball, baseball, outlaw, boxing, tennis - my friends and I are out of breath half way through the games!!!

The game list is mindblowing. I hope you can read the picture, cause i'm not listing em all here. Theres a bunch not shown as well. I also have the pong controllers and associated games, as well as the rare, Racing controllers and the 2? associated games for them. It really is amazing.

I built and decorated it myself and it shows! lol it's actually only 3/4 size of full arcade games.
 Actually I did a pretty nice job. I discovered this thick clear glaze for the front. I included the 'plastic wood' from the console down by the controllers. There's easy back access for various reasons. The front opens and is full of controllers and more games - I'll post some more pics if i think of it. If you can dig old school gaming, this is really cooler than you likely imagine. To ease my broken heart, once the Atari's gone, I'm converting my kid's race car bed into the ultimate arcade style, old school, racing multi-game!

THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND and A BLAST FOR KIDS and OLD GUYS EVEN MORE and A MUST FOR A 2600 LOVER WITH $1000

Text me if you want it: (SVN oh TOO) 2Fivo-Ofour4ate.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Cool ! a 2600 Cabinet !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
damn, that's ugly!  ;D ;)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
Yeah, ready for Crapmame ;). But hey, the original 2600 was damn ugly too. They just stayed faithful to the original looks.

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »
What a piece of garbage!!! LOL! :) :twisted:

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »
This cab was discussed at several places. I kind of like the idea behind it. It he had used arcade controlers AND NOT the whole stuff of a woody 2600 (even the front, wtf??) this thing would be cool, even with the obvious absence of craftmanship ;)

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »
It's a bit funny that he reversed ATARI so it became IRATA!  :D

Edit: The idea is actually quite cool. Maybe it just looks worse than it really is because of the dirt/dust?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:59:41 PM by slowcade »

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
OMG !!!  :o
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber