Author Topic: And suddenly, you have gallstones...  (Read 21981 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: And suddenly, you have gallstones...
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »
Sad news, goodluck, I'm sure that for the next Eurocade it will be only a bad "souvenir".

Franck

Yes, thinking about auctioning them off so everyone can have a piece of Level42 in his arcade room !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yuck!

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 03:53:11 AM »
Had that problem back in 2004,  but they removed my gallbladder... full of stones!   Hope it all goes well for you. 
If they remove it, you may have trouble with diarreah.  Sorry for T.M.I., but the gallbladder plays a role in digestion, and since I've had mine removed, I've had lots of trouble.

Hope you don't have any trouble with a kidney stone..  you will wish you were dead if it comes loose, TRUST ME!  :shock:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
Yeah, my uncle had kidney stones and he told me exactly the same, so I will definitly ask of it can be ultrsounded or something...

For now I've been in hospital since late last evening because the pain was simply unbearable. Morphine sure helped after a while and I sleapt reasonably although of course not a long night.

The disadvantage of morphine ? Your belly doesnt like it....

O well a bit of puke is better than the pain. No further action today, HOPEFULLY they can do ERCP on me tomorrow !!!

Thanks for all the kind words !

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:41 AM »
Definatley hope you get better soon!

The morphine works great, but as soon as it wears off... Roaring Headaches!!!!!!!!!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »
damn....I missed that last week  :(

All the best wishes from the south-west of Germany!!!!!!! Get well soon!!!

speleo_de

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
Hi André, our thoughts are with you. Wish you all the best. Andreas, Elke, Anna, Verena

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 02:16:21 PM »
Thanks to all of my good friends here !!!

I've been off the morphine for quite some time now (all in all I had just two shots). The real nasty pain is gone.
However Ive been also sober for quite a long time, first by choice (not hungry etc.) then because I maybe would have the ESRP today....which hasnt happened.

Had an MRI scan this morning but didnt hear  the results yet. Depending on this they decide if I need the other examination....

I have a feeling that they may send me home and schedule a regular operation instead since there are no stones in the opening of the gallblatter but only in the blatter itself....(they can only remove stones from the opening using the tube through my throat).

Anyway...more waiting ahead....but at least I feel better.

rmusick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »
I totally feel your pain.  I was in Florida for Thanksgiving about 2 years ago and I had a gallbladder attack, I thought i was going to die it hurt so bad. My sister had to take me to the ER, was there late after X-rays and sonograms,  They determined it was galls stones,  I was prescribed Vicodin for them... Got news for you once the attack starts, I think only morphine will take away the pain.  I ended up having my gallbladder removed,  no more pain!

SeTTleR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »
Hey, oh no. That's bad news! I hope everything will work out well and you will be back soon to your arcade machines to do some highscores!
I have an appointment for a gastroscopy the next week. I hope I get this unicorn stuff of which PRC was talking, otherwise it would be a nightmare! Seems like this is some kind of bad-stomach/galls/kindess-times now? There are lots of people telling about their problems.
Anyway, I wish you all the best and keep us posted!
`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
Well I did have the tube up my throat examination this morning. Despite MRI and echo not indicating there _was_ a stone in the gallway. They made a small incision in the gallway and removed that plus the others in my gallblatter and also inserted a 'stand' to keep the gallway open.

The examination itself was not as bad as I thought,I was well asleep before they inserted the tube. I did wake near the end though ( I think that was intentially) and for sure felt what they were doing and had some choke up feelings but it was very quickly ready. Did a lot of sleeping and already had my first very light lunch and drinks.

However since they know the stones will soon return they told me I will need to have the blatter removed completely within a couple of weeks. They can do that with three small incisions like an examination operation.

Anyway, I feel resonable now....bit weak still and I can sure feel they "messed around" in there but the typical pain of the gallstones is gone for sure.

If I dont get a fever I will go home tomorrow so lets keep fingers crossed.

rmusick

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »
When they did mine, it was Laperscopic, they made 4 inscisions (three in the top and one at my navel.) it was quite an experience. I actually had no pain other than the fact it felt like i did 100 situps the day before.  It goes away in about a day.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »
When they did mine, it was Laperscopic, they made 4 inscisions (three in the top and one at my navel.) it was quite an experience. I actually had no pain other than the fact it felt like i did 100 situps the day before.  It goes away in about a day.

yep that sounds like it. Did you also gain the muscle of those 100 sit-ups ? ;);)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
It is really nice to hear that you feel yourself better, you were in my mind at leat 5 times this day. ;)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »
Good to hear something has happen! - Glad youre feeling better my friend!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 08:49:25 PM »
Good to hear something has happen! - Glad youre feeling better my friend!

+1  :)